Lifesize Halo Needler Gun with Light Effects and airbrushed!

PrintingRevo

Posted · Lifesize Halo Needler Gun with Light Effects and airbrushed!

Hey guys,

I have recently printed parts for a 1:1 Replica of the Needler Gun from the Halo game series.

It was a lot of work, especially the sanding and soldering all of the LEDs together in there.

However, as always I have made a video about it. Hope you enjoy it :)

Best regards,

Alex

• Like 1

Posted · Lifesize Halo Needler Gun with Light Effects and airbrushed!

Hi Alex, wow congratulations on the video!!

And of course the model that you made. It looks amazing!

You mention the LED's are a bit weak, could you share which ones you have and do you know which might be better? Anything else you ran into that could help anyone who might consider making this print too?

The amount of work that went in it is insane!!

What happens with all the models that you have made? Do you have like a gallery where they are on display? Do you go to events, like comic con or something?

Thanks for sharing this with us!

Posted (edited) · Lifesize Halo Needler Gun with Light Effects and airbrushed!

Thank you, Sander. It was a lot of work, but definitely worth the effort in the end :)

These are the LEDs I have at the moment:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00N9WEY0S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

To be honest for the blue lights with the solid casings they are absolutely fine, but the pink 5mm LEDs for the needles are too weak for sure. In the original instructions on thingiverse the guy uses some 11,1V 10mm LEDs that were not available overhere, which is why I searched for an alternative. I guess for most projects you cannot beat the price of the ones I ended up using and you can easily use them with two AA batteries at 3,2-3,3V without having to solder some resistor in between.

For the finishing I always use laminating epoxy resin and automotive putty and then 240-600 Grid sandpaper. It still takes forever to sand everything if you print at 0.15 - 0.2 mm.

If i want the surface to be even smoother, I use some primer and then sand that even more.

I put them on display in my appartment actually. At the moment the needler sits right next to the Captain Phasma helmet :)No, I dont go to any cons, but maybe if I am able to complete any sort of costume, I will dress up for carneval :)

Edited by Guest