Cura 2.1.2 x64 not running on Windows 10.

Galane

Posted · Cura 2.1.2 x64 not running on Windows 10.

I have one of those Monoprice / Malyan mini printers. I got the latest json file for it from the Facebook group for it https://www.facebook.com/groups/1717306548519045/

I copied that to the folder with the rest of the json files for other printers, and upon running Cura for the first time it had a section for Ultimaker, one for Malyan (with just this one printer) and one for Other. Of course I selected the Malyan.

There is apparently a lot of things in the UI that are not showing up. The printer name in that drop list on the right is invisible. When I click Advanced, everything in the area below the Basic/Advanced selection vanishes. There's no save options at all in the File menu. All the object rotation functions are greyed out. Trying to zoom in on a loaded object just runs it off the bottom of the window, out of sight. It's forever saying its ready to slice but I see nothing to tell it to get on with things and slice. The build platform graphic isn't showing, I just get models floating in empty white space.

Now it just will not run at all. Pops up the splash screen briefly and dies without any error messages. I checked in task manager, it's not running.

Is there a log file I can post for people to diagnose why this isn't working?

I have the latest video driver from nVidia for my 9800GT. All drivers are up to date and the only antivirus running is Windows Defender.

Have you tried any of the Cura included json files?

Because it sounds like the one you got from facebook is either corrupt or incomplete or not compatible.

I am seeing the same behavior. I uninstalled 2.1.2 & downloaded a newer version that contained the Monoprice Select Mini profile. It launched once & then crashed. It will not launch again.