Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Kevparang

Need to make strong RC Airplane

I need to find an material that is lightweight and very strong. I also need to bee able to smooth the layers out so it is like an injection molded part, because I am designing an RC Airplane that can hold 50KG/110 LB of weight. I need to find a material that matches my requirements of this project, help with designing the plane. Anyone who is an expert in electronic for the controller or who have flown RC Airplane/Drones/Helicopters are appreciated. Aerospace Engineers are also needed. This is for an event or contest between my friends.

Any help or ideas are appreciated.

Other Information:

The two printers I can print on are

RoBo3D R1+Plus

robo3d.com

Build Volume

10*9*8 inches with a heated bed of 8.4*8.4 inches

Monoprice MP Select Mini

monoprice.com

Build volume:

4.7*4.7*4.7 inches