Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
runebjelkaroy

Why is my files (obj and stl files) not recognised in the Ultimaker 2+? I find only that .gcode files works/is printed.

G-code is a language in which people tell computerized machine tools how to make G-code is a language in which people tell computerized machine tools how to make something. The "how" is defined by instructions on where to move, how fast to move, and what path to move. The most common situation is that, within a machine tool, a cutting tool is moved according to these instructions through a toolpath and cuts away material to leave only the finished workpiece. The same concept also extends to noncutting tools such as forming or burnishing tools, photoplotting, additive methods such as 3D printing, and measuring instruments.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-code

• Like 1

Sorry about the title question.

100% newbie in a hurry :-)

Thanks for your answer.

I´m using Lightwave 11.6 making .obj. files that I thought would go straight into the Ultimaker 2+. How can i slice my model? Is there a working solution that won't cost me to much?

Regards

Rune Bjelkarøy

Do you know

Hi and welcome,

Please don't put the whole question in the title :)

The reason is simple, 3d printers only know about gcode, STL or OBJ files need to be sliced by a slicer in order to be printed...