Reprap Prusq Mendel and Cura

FintaruS

Posted · Reprap Prusq Mendel and Cura

I have a reprap Prusa Mendel, with Marlin 1.0.2 with display, it runs fine, on all axixs (z, x, y), Up, Down, Right, Left are all correct. It also drive the right way when I use pronterface. it all works, directions too. but I would really like to use Cura (or maybe Simplify3D).

I start Cura up. then go to run a "Bed Leveling wizard" it Connects fin to the printer. but when I then press it to run down, and it runs up, I then press to drive up, it drive down. plus it makes some violent noises. but these problems are not in proterface.

I think that I can easily fix it in Marlin firmware, and/or reverse the 2 wires to the steppers on Z axisen, but is it smart? and proterface will then work in reverse. :/

what would you guys recommend I do, and what is most correct to do, or should I give up on getting proterface and Cura to run right simultaneously? and will I have the same problem if i whant to use Simplify3D?

the sound :

• 2 weeks later...
    Posted (edited) · Reprap Prusq Mendel and Cura

I believe the answer is: You can't use Cura 15.x bed leveling wizard on non Ultimaker machines. (citation: Z-Axix Inverted)

Note the Text in Yellow on the bed leveling wizard: "Use the Up/Down buttons to move the bed..."

On Ultimaker machines, the Bed moves up and down, not the print head. So when you press the Up Button, the bed moves closer to the print head because the bed moves up.

The Down button moves the bed further from the print head.

As for the Grinding sound. I dunno.

If you can get a terminal screen up to your Printer, try sending Gcodes directly to it.

Home your Print head and try:

G1 X20 ; Should move the print head to the rightG1 Y140; Should move the bed to the rear (your Y Home is at +180)G1 Z10 ; Should move the print head up 

If all these work, you should have no issues using Cura or S3D with your printer...just not the bed leveling wizard.

Edited by Guest