Cura 12.12.. Problems

yzorg

Posted · Cura 12.12.. Problems

Hi guys,

I just installed Cura 12.12 and testing it. (MacOS 10.8.2 Macbookpro)

Interface is very slow and laggy sometimes (not all the time but very often) I have the yellow tooltips flicker around like crazy...

also when a big stl file is loaded. not the moving and rotating the mesh, i mean the klicking the textfields to change settings is very laggy and i have to wait some time until the flicker stops, my changes are accepted and displayed.

:( The first Cura i used didnt had this "feature"..(12.10)

Then Cura on every start loads the last used .stl.

I dont know why we would want Cura to do this... but if its needed i need a button to unload a .stl then.

I think starting with a "empty" cura would fasten things up.

Dont use special characters like "öäü" letters in the filename!!!

it stops slicing after miliseconds and shows just the button "show log". and the message "Something went wrong during slicing!"

when i click to the show gcode i can sometimes make it show up and it also look like a normal gcode.

but the actual gcode file is empty... and wont open in other gcode viewers or texteditors.

my error log looks like this:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "app_main.py", line 51, in run_toplevel

File "/Applications/Cura/Cura.app/Contents/Resources/pypy/lib-python/2.7/runpy.py", line 162, in _run_module_as_main

"__main__", fname, loader, pkg_name)

File "/Applications/Cura/Cura.app/Contents/Resources/pypy/lib-python/2.7/runpy.py", line 72, in _run_code

exec code in run_globals

File "/Applications/Cura/Cura.app/Contents/Resources/Cura/cura.py", line 78, in

main()

File "/Applications/Cura/Cura.app/Contents/Resources/Cura/cura.py", line 67, in main

sliceRun.runSlice(args)

File "Cura/util/sliceRun.py", line 89, in runSlice

skeinforge_craft.writeOutput(fileName)

File "Cura/cura_sf/skeinforge_application/skeinforge_utilities/skeinforge_craft.py", line 133, in writeOutput

return pluginModule.writeOutput(fileName, shouldAnalyze)

File "/Applications/Cura/Cura.app/Contents/Resources/Cura/cura_sf/skeinforge_application/skeinforge_plugins/craft_plugins/export.py", line 266, in writeOutput

print('File ' + archive.getSummarizedFileName(fileName.encode('ascii', 'replace')) + ' is being chain exported.')

UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xcc in position 50: ordinal not in range(128)[/i]

Posted · Cura 12.12.. Problems

Most likely it's the background GCode loader that slowing things down, it's been a thorn in Cura's side from the start, and I'm working towards interface changes to get around this.

The öäü is yet another "none ascii" bug, fixed a bunch already. Fixed this one for the next version. (It's annoying because it depends on the character used where the bug pops up, and if it pops up at all)