Auto Temp with Marlin

brictone

Posted · Auto Temp with Marlin

So I was looking at the notes for Marlin Beta 1 and noticed the auto temp feature.

AutoTemp:

If your gcode contains a wide spread of extruder velocities, or you realtime change the building speed, the temperature should be changed accordingly. Usually, higher speed requires higher temperature. This can now be performed by the AutoTemp function By calling M109 S T F you enter the autotemp mode.

It looks like you can basically turn off the temp in skeinforge and just put something like M109 S T F in your start Gcode and Marlin will do the rest? Except when I look at M109 S T F, I don't see any information in it.

You can leave it by calling M109 without any F. If active, the maximal extruder stepper rate of all buffered moves will be calculated, and named "maxerate" [steps/sec]. The wanted temperature then will be set to t=tempmin+factor*maxerate, while being limited between tempmin and tempmax. If the target temperature is set manually or by gcode to a value less then tempmin, it will be kept without change. Ideally, your gcode can be completely free of temperature controls, apart from a M109 S T F in the start.gcode, and a M109 S0 in the end.gcode.

This second part seems to explain how to use it except I'm just not understanding it. Can anyone show me an example of how to use this? and what might be a good starting point for the Ultimaker?

M109 S190 T F???