Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
matt.tasker

cura black screen

hi im new to the forum, new to cura, in fact new to 3D printing.

i have downloaded cura 12.12A

im running it on a laptop

intel i7 2.1GHz

6GB ram

windows 7 64-bit

intel HD graphics

when i start cura i'm getting a black screen, I've tried loading the two default models and some of my own and it stays black. i'm not sure what its supposed to look like but i'm guessing not that, i'm guessing some sort of representation of the build area and the current STL file.

tried installing multiple times, all windows updates performed, directX up to date.

i have read one other post on here about the same problem and the user says he uninstalled an app from his pc and it worked fine. any one have any ideas what this was, i've uninstalled everything from my computer that i don't use to no joy.

any help or info would be greatly appreciated

thanks

matt

Hi,

Did you figure out how to solve this black screen when starting CURA? I'm having the same problem. I've tried to install previous versions of the software and configure CURA with graphics processor but nothing seems to work.

An advice would be appreciated.

system info:

Windows 10 64 bit

Intel core i7-5500U CPU @2.4GHz

8 GB RAM

Intel HD Graphics 5500

GPU NVIDIA GEFORCE 940m