cura black screen

matt.tasker

Posted · cura black screen

hi im new to the forum, new to cura, in fact new to 3D printing.

i have downloaded cura 12.12A

im running it on a laptop

intel i7 2.1GHz

6GB ram

windows 7 64-bit

intel HD graphics

when i start cura i'm getting a black screen, I've tried loading the two default models and some of my own and it stays black. i'm not sure what its supposed to look like but i'm guessing not that, i'm guessing some sort of representation of the build area and the current STL file.

tried installing multiple times, all windows updates performed, directX up to date.

i have read one other post on here about the same problem and the user says he uninstalled an app from his pc and it worked fine. any one have any ideas what this was, i've uninstalled everything from my computer that i don't use to no joy.

any help or info would be greatly appreciated

thanks

matt

• 3 years later...
    Posted · cura black screen

Hi,

Did you figure out how to solve this black screen when starting CURA? I'm having the same problem. I've tried to install previous versions of the software and configure CURA with graphics processor but nothing seems to work.

An advice would be appreciated.

system info:

Windows 10 64 bit

Intel core i7-5500U CPU @2.4GHz

8 GB RAM

Intel HD Graphics 5500

GPU NVIDIA GEFORCE 940m

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• Introducing Universal Cura Projects in the UltiMaker Cura 5.7 beta
        Strap in for the first Cura release of 2024! This 5.7 beta release brings new material profiles as well as cloud printing for Method series printers, and introduces a powerful new way of sharing print settings using printer-agnostic project files! Also, if you want to download the cute dinosaur card holder featured below, it was specially designed for this release and can be found on Thingiverse! 
        • 10 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies