Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
cworthdynamics

Z axis bearings - where to get - possible discount

I recently had to replace the z-axis bearings on both my 2 and 2+ due to binding issues. They were replaced under warranty by Fbrc8 who was very helpful. They sent the much better Misumi LHFSW12 bearings which I had looked into purchasing myself. The bearings are impossible to find, but at least in the US, you can create an account under your own name on Misumi site and the price isn't bad.

A day or so after I created an account they sent me a 30% off link - don't know if that's standard, but if you create an account wait a bit before placing an order.

Misumi Bearing

I got the discount code too, but I wasn't sure if that was after my first order or after I registered for the Misumi site. Anyway, I paid full price, but I'm happy with the parts.

Regarding getting Misumi replacements under warranty from fbrc8, I had no idea they would do that! I would have tried that had I known. I recently contacted them to replace my UltiController board and they responded quickly.