Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Wisar

Other nozzle sizes?

Will, or when will, additional sizes of nozzles be available for the UM3? I am assuming this would mean new print cores (not cheap)...but...different size nozzles are really the cat's meow!

Yes definitely!

From what i know first size that is scheduled is 0.8mm nozzle, not sure exactly when but it should be around Q1 2017

And indeed it means a whole printcore which is not cheap but also not expensive when you see all it contains

From what i know first size that is scheduled is 0.8mm nozzle, not sure exactly when but it should be around Q1 2017

Thanks, that is good, though my #1 used nozzle is the .25mm with the .6 being second! Do you know is/where a .25mm nozzle lies in the plan? I am trading up one printer but will keep my other UM2+ for the small nozzle if nothing else (and the money for another UM3 of course).

I'm very interested in this printer, but I'm a bit hesitant because of the dependency on printer cores defining the nozzle size. I wouldn't be purchasing for a few months, but I'd feel a lot more confident if there was a very clear timeline for different nozzle sizes. Specifically 0.25mm and 0.2mm.

One of the benefits of support material is allowing for overhangs when working with smaller nozzles. Would be fascinating if that was shown to work.

The issue for releasing just nozzle I think (and I really don't know anything official about this) is that they don't just released a core size but a whole set of profiles for the materials they support. So to have new cores it wouldn't make sense if they also make that 300 profiles again for the new nozzle size.

Isn't that is possible but isn't that easy. They could but then people would complain about lack of profiles. I don't think aftermarket would take much time to get one of this cores and make a core with other nozzles or options. Ofc like someone said this days (sorry can't remember who was) it would be a cool idea to have a Experimental Core that could support any m6 nozzle for users than dont need 280C. Maybe a olsson adaptation for this system that doesn't have the fine care and heat control that Ultimaker had with their cores. Anyhow is been just a few days...