Unable to resume print after pause

1-prop-head

Posted · Unable to resume print after pause

I have seen this topic before but have found no working solution

Using the Ultimaker 2 firmware as installed from my MAC running CURA 15.04.6 onto my Ultimaker 2 extended and while printing from a file that is read from the SD card.

When I select Pause from the menu Ultimaker 2 menu the printing will pause as expected but when I select Resume nothing happens.

I was hoping to use this feature to change my filament to a different color.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
    Posted (edited) · Unable to resume print after pause

I have the same problem.  It is sad because it also gets in the way if you inadvertently select Pause when you really wanted Tune.  There is not a work around.

One very good idea if no fix is available would be to remove "Pause" from the menu since if selected without a working "Resume" the print is ruined.

I would be happy to look into the fix for this but will need at least minimal guidance as to where to start looking in the Marlin code.

Edited by Guest