Side fans and extrusion stopped working

Glamdring

Posted · Side fans and extrusion stopped working

I'm using the UM2, the printer stopped extruding entirely, it isn't blocked, and at the same time or close to it both side fans stopped working. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this or even how the two issues may be related? thanks!

Posted (edited) · Side fans and extrusion stopped working

Suddenly stopped? Does it wirk with ither gcode? It doesn't restart? Always happens?

One of the cause for it to stop printing could be a sudden micro drop on the electrical supply from the house/workplace. I had once something like that but was because the sdcard was corrupted.

What's the current status?

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

It's still not working, I've tried it with other gcode files that used to work and they don't, the print head still moves around and the back fan goes, but it doesn't extrude and the side fans don't work, I have no idea where to even start fixing it.

edit: restarting does nothing either

Edited by Guest
    extra point

Yes, it was!

the feeder was chewing into the filament, I removed the material, cut off the chewed part and re-entered it however once the filament reached the print head, the knurled wheel kept slipping/jumping back and started to chew on the new filament.

As I only noticed the fans weren't working when it stopped extruding so I imagine they'll be different issues, so how would I stop the wheel slipping?

thanks

Check the feeder tension. It might be too strong.

This is how it looks inside (don't open it is just to explain)

DSC_7066.jpg

The screw moves the nut that makes the spring be more or less tight. (The indicator on the bottom is maximum pressure and on the top less pressure, don't overdoit on any direction or the small plastic indicator can snap)

• Like 1

Yes! that seemed to do it, it's printing fine now, thanks loads! however the side fans still aren't working, have any idea why those aren't moving?

edit - just started halfway through a test print, no idea why

Edited by Guest
    now incorrect