Cura 2.3 and nozzle size selection

marco3D

Posted · Cura 2.3 and nozzle size selection

Hi,

I recently upgraded from Cura 15.04 to version 2.3. I'm the proud owner of an Ultimaker Original+ which I modified to include an Olsson block.

I noticed in Cura 2.3 that the top level interface dialog box "nozzle size" setting has disappeared. It seems only available for the 2+ versions, and deeply hidden away in machine settings interface for other models. Does anyone know:

1) How to get around this for my specific machine (O+ with Olsson), i.e. get this top level UI setting back?

2) Will it be back in future upgrades of Cura, is it on the backlog?

thanks,

gr. Marco

P.s. I noticed some discussion on the forum, but only related to version 2 machines.

O+ with olsson and cura umm...

I wonder why Ultimaker assumes that O+ even without olsson can't have different nozzles when clearly is possible. But makes sense since it would need some fancap adjustment... Ofc for Olsson, or UMO+ with UM2+ upgrade it might need a custom json to use it. Other workaround is to make a custom profile. That allows you to use any nozzle you want.

But that also doesn't work. So. Just change 'Line Width' to the nozzle you want to use, simple as that.

Ok, that seems to work.

I learned that line width is normally automatically derived from nozzle diameter, for all machines types (top level UI or machine config). You can indeed set line width from the top UI dialog by overrulling the automatic value set. Then all other parameters are derived from this value. The parameter is stored, so kept upon next use of Cura.

Thank you Neo!

gr. Marco

P.s. it still seems a bit artificial and limited to make this difference in user interaction between the various ultimaker models.

• Like 1