Igus Drylin bushes?

Seg

Posted · Igus Drylin bushes?

Hello.

I'm currently in the process of building an Ultimaker 2 extended clone.

I was wondering if it is possible to use the Igus drylin bushes for the X Y slider blocks as opposed to using bronze bushes.

Sorry if this has been asked before, couldn't find anything on google.

Simon

The outside diameter of IGUS bushings is 16mm so you have about 3mm before you hit 12mm Z rods. At least this is how it's on UM2go I am building... jfyi.

I am still trying to fit IGUS in another build. I'll keep posting when there is a progress.

Hi Simon,

All igus linear bearings are suitable for building 3D printers, they are used extensively, also you can utilise the drive systems that are produced by the polymer bearing experts. If you go to www.igus.co.uk and search 3D printer or 3D printing there is lots of information on there. if you need any help please ask, my email is rdumayne@igus.co.uk

I hope this helps.

Best regards

Rob.

The 'stock' bushing are fine for a UM2. You're going to add a whole lot of extra work to *properly* mount those bearings without distorting them and adding the proper preload etc.

I looked at them a while back to replace the 8mm UU bearings on a Prusa. I wound up just building a new machine (using the old electronics) and OpenBuilds bearings/extrusions.

You have some research to do regarding the Igus stuff...Here is one example: http://toms3d.org/2016/06/07/should-you-be-using-igus-polymer-bushings/