what is causing this mistake?

spiruline

Posted · what is causing this mistake?

Hello,

I am giving my first steps with my new Ultimaker, and I am trying to learn from all you.

I have noticed this pattern alway in the same area of different parts:

http://cl.ly/image/1j181E383x12

I am using PLA and Cura with the following parameters:

Layer height 0.2

Wall thickness 0.8

Enable retraction: yes

Density 60

Print speed 80

Printing temperature 230

All parts have about the same diameter and are printed in the same area of the platform, I am not sure if that has something to do..

Any hints will be helpful

Thank you in advance

I'd say there's not enough plastic coming from your nozzle.

What filament drive mechanism do you have? Maybe it slips. have you tried tightening it?

I think your temperature is rather high, most values I see here in this forum are between 200 and 220.

Thank you for the answer.

I have the latest (as from last week) Ultimaker, so I assume it comes with the latests dive filament. I'll try to tighten a little bit and print at 200-220.

Most of the times the walls are pretty smooth. What surprises me, is that the mistake always happens in the same area.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies