Netfabb gcode header/footer manipulation

berend

Posted · Netfabb gcode header/footer manipulation

Netfabb generated gcode contains a 'fixed' header and footer witch u can expand with a user defined gcode header/footer (Machine/...Extended Setup/Ultimaker specific)

The Netfabb header contains homing (G28), temperature setpoint (M109) and some more things.

I'm looking for a way to manipulate or turn OFF these Netfabb header, so i can use my own sequence.

Anyone ?

Grtz,

Berend

Hi Berend!

I have not tried this yet, but I think it's the correct place:

* Go to "Ulitmaker" in the Project-Tree on the right

* select the last Tab "Machine" (I translate the german tags, so the english version could vary a bit;-)

* "Machine-Type" should be "Ultimaker" and here at the right of "Ultimaker" hit the button with 3 dots "..."

* A Dialog opens -> select the "Ultimaker specific"-Tab and you see "GCode Header" and "GCode Footer"

I think, entering values here will do the job.....

Let me know, if it works! (I wanted to try this weeks ago, but I fogot it........)

Best regards from south of munich,

Toni

Hi Toni,

Thx for thinking, but...

the place of the header/footer you describe is the same i described in the 1st post.

The header you can define here is like an 'extra' header/footer.

It's placed to the top (header) and bottom (footer), additional to a Netfabb generated header/footer.

So the complete header/footer consists of a user defined part AND a Netfabb defined part.

For me it's interesting to know how this Netfabb generated code can be manipulated.

I like to have control over the full header and footer including the Netfabb part.

Looking forward to your experience with this,

Berend

Hi Berend!

Grrrr, typical Error of not reading the whole post ;-)) Damn.......

OK, with working wife and small child I have very littel time to play around with my UM, but I wanted to check this as well....... Maybe anyone else can help us here.

So best regards,

Toni