Edge warping on top of support - is there a way to build a brim on top of support?

FlorinAndrei

Posted · Edge warping on top of support - is there a way to build a brim on top of support?

I'm a beginner.

Gear list: Printrbot Play with extended heated bed and glass plate. Cura 15.04.6 on Win10. Standard PLA at 208 C, and the heated bed at 60 C.

This is the STL file:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29966/3d/motor-mount.stl

It's a component for a quadcopter - the motor mount at the end of each arm. I print it with the 3 knobs pointing down, so it needs support. The support settings I used in Cura are:

• Everywhere (there's a little horizontal hole in one of the knobs that I thought required internal support)
  • Linear (as opposed to grid)
  • default values

For reasons of strength I use shell/top/bottom thickness of 1.6 mm and fill density of 40% (2x the default values there). The other settings are pretty much default for this printer.

The bottom edges on the main plate are curled up (warped):

yX9fXUm.jpg

Is there a way to tell Cura to build a brim on top of support?

What other techniques I could try to avoid warping on top of support?

Posted · Edge warping on top of support - is there a way to build a brim on top of support?

You could make/design your own supports + larger base on the bed. Also, it seems like the areas on bed also are slightly warped. Maybe a raft?