Change filemant during print - Prusa I3 Bq hephestos

byemi

Posted · Change filemant during print - Prusa I3 Bq hephestos

Hello all,

Please help me with an issue that I have with my printer (Prusa I3 with firmware Bq hephestos). The printer was bought from Bq.com online shop which came with the firmware already installed and working properly. As a slicer software I'm using Cura 2.3. The problem I have is that I want the printer to pause at a specified Z height and change the filament with a new color and after that continue printing with the new color. So far I've managed to pause the printing process at a specified Z height ( this has been done with a plugin which Cura software has), but couldn't reach my target by changing the filament. Please let me describe in short what this plugin did : it stops like a I said at a specified Z height, goes to X0 Y0 position, makes that beep noise to warn me and on the LCD appeared "Waiting for the user". Here when I wanted to enter the menu to change the filament, I pressed that button from the encoder, the filament went out, the stepper motor stopped and went back to the printing process without requesting me to load the new filament.

I've tried to modify the Gcode but didn't work and at the moment I don't have the knowledge to modify a GCODE. In case someone has ideas or suggestions, or someone encountered the same problem and did managed (properly and extremely easy) to change the filament during print, please be kind and share your ideas.

Thank you in advance and helping.

Kind regards, Emi

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 16 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies