Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
motis

UMO Temperature drifts from stepping DRAMATICALLY.

Just got back to using my UMO from a about three years ago. When last used it ( 6 mos ago) worked like a champ. Noted that all looked normal, i.e., able to level table and do intial testing. Tried to print simple cylinder. At about 10% I noticed that extrusion had quit and that the temperature was at about 168C. (Setpoint was 220 C). I made the assumption that I had a bad heater or t/c. I had a complete new replacement kit for the hot end and changed it all out. Tried the same cylinder. Exactly same result , observing temperature from beginning. Heated up normally (220C), when extrusion began worked OK for about 2 minutes then began to see the Actual temperature drop over time to about 168C. I noted that Extrusion quit about 170C.

Tried other things I had printed successfully in the past with similar results. I downloaded the latest version of CURA and updated the firmware on the UMO. It does the same thing , starts normally, temperature falls off and extrusion quits.

My real problem is that I Mentor/Coach an FTC Robotics team. We are badly in need of printing some parts before the next meet. Any thoughts, tests, suggestions.

Thanks in advance for you help.

At 170C the cold extrusion protection stops the extruder.

I would review all the fan and thermistor cables to see if they are properly connected. Also check the fan on the main board and all fans for dust.

You might (or not) have the problem this user had:

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/33636-feeding-motor-is-not-feeding-while-printing?page=1

Edited by Guest