Cura 12a - Gcodes not loading - help

nether-designs

Posted · Cura 12a - Gcodes not loading - help

Using cura 12a. been having endless problems with it.

Model is loaded. Gcode "loads??" Constantly asking for the model to be prepared. The model has been prepared numerous times. this is becoming a constant issue.

I'm still yet to get a sucessful print from netfabb as well.

please help.

Do you see a .gcode file being created next to the model file you loaded? (the prepare step should create this file, and the print button checks is this file exists, and if it doesn't then it gives the "prepare first" errror)

Major issue with bed leveling as well.

and the heat gage

Once the first run through is complete. if you attempt a second run the bed lowers by 1" again and required a manual lift. if you attempt a second run it lowers another 1". at no point does it use the limit switch.

Secondly the heat gage is WAY off. i have it set to 226* its showing up as 235*.

seems to be a lot of little bugs in 12a

Gcode file is created. However when pulling up a previously used project. the "load profile from Gcode" doesn't work. it simply doesn't load the gcode file. no errors are given but it doesn't load the gcode nor print.

"Load profile from GCode" doesn't do any printing, it loads the profile setting (config settings) from a previous generated GCode file.

Major issue with bed leveling as well. leave a 1" gap between the bed and the nozzle. bed doesn't get any where near the top limit switch

The bed leveling wizard has a starting issue which I didn't notice before the release. It needs to home after connecting but it doesn't always do this.

so where is the prepared for print file? i have the model file. i hit prepare for print... where is this file that its pre prepared? or must it be prepared every single time?

The GCode file is the prepared file. This file contains all the commands that the printer needs to know, but it also contains your settings, so the settings can be loaded back into Cura. (It's mainly a feature for people who change a lot of settings and then run tests to see what prints best, and then can load back the best settings)

Normal steps should be:

-Load an model file

-Prepare the model with your settings (creates the GCode file)

-Print the prepared GCode file

so lets say i have prepared this model.. yesterday.

Today i need to print it. so i load the model and gcode...it will not load the gcode.

does this mean i yet again have to prepare another gcode?

It does load the GCode, but that can take a short while, after it's loaded you should see 2 extra buttons at the top (a row of 5 buttons, "normal view", "transparent view", "x-ray view", "GCode view", "mixed view")

Use the GCode view to view the GCode again. But even before that button shows up, you should be able to press the print button just fine. (This is a pretty bad user-experience, I know, and I'm working towards changing it)

It does load the GCode, but that can take a short while, after it's loaded you should see 2 extra buttons at the top (a row of 5 buttons, "normal view", "transparent view", "x-ray view", "GCode view", "mixed view")

Use the GCode view to view the GCode again. But even before that button shows up, you should be able to press the print button just fine. (This is a pretty bad user-experience, I know, and I'm working towards changing it)

well. thats not the case. i cannot print the Gcode because it is not uploading the requested gcode.

I don't usually use Cura to print any more - I use an ulticontroller and print from SD card. So, I'm not entirely sure about Cura's print interface. But in testing just now, it does seem that when I load a model, Cura loads and can display the associated gcode file. And so should then be able to print it...

I would assume though, that the gcode file has to still be in the same directory, and have the same file name as the model (apart from the extension), in order for Cura to know which it is.

Perhaps you could post some screen shots showing what you are clicking and/or seeing on screen, so that we can better guide you.

Also, once Cura has created it, the gcode file is a totally separate thing that you can then use with other programs. Cura is a pretty good slicer in most cases, for preparing the gcode files - but once you have that you could use another program such as printrun, Repetier Host, etc to transfer the files to the printer.