Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Elicea

Green bits in print

Hi guys

I printed some models overnight last night in white PLA, and when I checked them this morning I found there are some green bits mixed in with the print. It's a similar colour to the machine's lubricant but it's hard. I changed the nozzle and cleaned the tube yesterday so I'm not sure what it is.

This morning I extruded a bit of the material and it came out clean so I started another print but the same thing seems to be happening again.

Has anyone ever experienced this or know what might be causing it?

Thanks!

I have seen brown, grey and black debris, but no green yet. These were all from burnt material inside the nozzle. If you do an atomic pull (also named "cold pull"), is any dirt green too?

It could be that some of the white additives decompose, or react with the decomposing PLA and turn green when too hot? What you could try is keep an end of filament in a flame until it melts and starts burning, and see what color that gets?