Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Jtp

Cura 2.3.1 - Preferances, Materials

Hi all,

having recently installed the new Cura, I spent quite a while exploring the software and trying out the various new and re-imagined functions. I really liked the feature in version 15 that showed the projected cost of the part to print, and was encouraged that I could find the place to input the cost of the materials used. However, it is not as straightforward as I would have thought, and in fact it might not be possible, despite the settings appearing to be there. I've made a copy of a material, edited all the settings available, but the "Filament Cost", "Filament weight", "Filament length" and "Cost per Meter (approx) remain stubbornly un-editable.

How can I put these values in? Is there any way to edit these settings at the moment, or is this a partially implemented feature?

I hope there is a trick to this, or there is an expected update that will fix this issue?

Cheers,

Bill

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements

• Our picks

• Architect Design Contest | Vehicles.
      We're open for entries! - Design and submit your 3D designs of architectural entourage - vehicles - for a chance to win a large filament pack. Presenting an idea, an architectural design or something as big as an urban project isn't easy. A scaled model can really help to get your idea across.
      • 24 replies
    • What The DfAM?
      I'm Steve Cox, an experienced engineer familiar with 3D printing. I wanted to share some DfAM guidelines with this community to help and make stronger parts.
      I'm also an Autodesk Certified Instructor for Fusion 360, so many of the images in ...
        • Thanks
      • 22 replies

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!