Sign in to follow this  
rgcouto

Cura won't show object when loaded

Posted · Cura won't show object when loaded

Hi,

I'm having some trouble with Cura 12.12A, the thing is, when I try to load an object, Cura doesn't show the object in the virtual print bed, well, it doesn't show anything at all.

Does this happen to anyone else? How I'm supposed to know if the model is well scaled if I don't have any feedback? lol

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

R. Couto

Have you tried different models? I had this happen with some stl files before now, although in general it works fine. If its just certain ones, then perhaps trying to repair the stl file in Netfabb might help?

I have the same problem with Cura 12.12A on my Lenovo Thinkpad laptop (Windows7-SP1). It shows just a few pixels of the object. I went back to Cura 12.08 which works fine.

Cura 12.12 is ok on my Ubuntu desktop machine.

Johan

I've been tracking down this problem and it's related to the video card drivers, I'm trying to fix it, but it's not easy. You can try installing the 13.01 version, it's under the testing releases on the download site.

Hi Daid,

Thanks for your reply, I've just installed the 13.01 version, and sadly the problem is the same :/

Do you know any alternative to run this thing? :)

Thanks