ultimaker2

tcconsulting

So you bought the feeder box on a china/ebay ?

If so you need to use the um2+ estep number * 2. Because um2 extruder motor is 400 step/rev and um2+ motor is 200 steps/rev.

So, search on this forums how to change the esteps on a um2. You will need to use um2+ esteps number * 2 and search how to change the esteps.

Cheap always means more work. Have fun modding!

Posted · ultimaker2

Yes i realize that,I bought my first printer from usa then i made an alum ultimaker2 and bought stuff from china i will never after this extruder because they have no quality control their motherboards were junk i got screwed out of $300 because they wouldnt accept returns thru customs i prefer to buy elswear now but money is tight as i cant work due to a disability I really like your printers and recommend them to everyone i know

Posted (edited) · ultimaker2

Indeed sounds about right.

I don't mean that you got it on china, just that probably the accuracy of the gears might give you trouble (or not). Check everything and remember to apply green lube between the plastic gears like um does on his.

Btw if you buy from china better use aliexpress, they have some methods to get some cash back if the seller sells a bad part. If you want to have fun read my adventures on china shops:

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/17068-making-your-own-ultimaker-what-not-to-buy-on-china-stores-personal-experience

Edited by Guest

Posted · ultimaker2

I tyed looking for info about aliexpress i bought the motherboard from Global wholesale they were no help i couldnt despute purchase anything i couldnt contact aliexpress ect

i just plugged motherboard in and sparks from 2 capacitors tryed to return it to them got sent back from their customs emailed global wholesale no respond its been 9 or 10 months

Wow. That sucks. Clearly china clones ain't safe. But the main trick with aliexpress is not to vote and test the part as soon it arrives, then you have time to open a dispute before accepting that all arrived.

Posted · ultimaker2

Yes Thanks for the help and i have learned to do that but i dont plan on buying anymore stuff from china i do plan on getting the ultimaker3 if i can ever get back to work I really like your printers

Hallo. Could you tell at which capacitors you get 2 sparks?

I just receive new motherboard from China, connect it, turned on, and I have abnormal printer behavior. Led screen is off, and and all motors vibrating.

Posted · ultimaker2

Hello Yes its the 1 next to E1 sorry for the delay i have my grandaughter over for the last few days