Is it possible to print PETG on Ultimaker 3?

josie

• 3 weeks later...
Posted · Is it possible to print PETG on Ultimaker 3?

Yes, it is possible to print very well with PETG on the the UM3.

I started with the generic ABS profile, and went from there. The settings I played with most were temperature(filaments recomended temp), and a tiny bit flow. The retraction settings themselves seemed to work great without any modifications. As for the rest of the settings, they've already been optimized by UM, so you don't really need to change them.

Hope this helps

Ryan

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yes you can. I would recommend starting from the CPE profile. As CPE and PETG are pretty close in behavior.

• 3 weeks later...

I have printed PETG just fine and like it very much. Still experimenting, but it does work. I started with the CPE profile because it had the closest temperature ranges.

I use a slurry of recycled PVA to put on the glass. My theory (and, someone correct me if I am wrong) is that it puts a layer that can dissolve away between the PETG and the glass. I have had not pullups or warps with this method.

An alternative to the slurry I mentioned would be the glue stick or a 1:10 mix of PVA glue (White Glue/Elmers type) and water.