[Solved] Ultimaker 3 has Suddenly Decided to OOZE!

Wisar

Posted (edited) · [Solved] Ultimaker 3 has Suddenly Decided to OOZE!

My UM3 has suddenly decided to start oozing after months of printing perfectly.  I am still doing some tests to try and narrow things down and will post some images later but first wondered...has anyone else seen this happen?

I am using the same materials across a UM2 that is working perfectly and my UM3.  I am getting the same result on both AA cores.  I have cleaned the extruder driver (and it needed it).  I am using the stock profiles from Cura. I am running the Beta but am pretty sure that this started before I downloaded it (test coming).  I also have S3D so that is another test coming.

I have not done an atomic clean and am wondering if I should.  Just asking the question makes me think that the answer is yes!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Will

Edited by Guest

Posted · [Solved] Ultimaker 3 has Suddenly Decided to OOZE!

No I haven't experienced this.

Do your atomic pulls. I don't think this would be the cause and I never do them on mine but it will eliminate it from the back of your mind.

CURA 2.4 beta has heaps of profile changes to previous versions so I would revert back to the version you used when you first got you're UM3.

You may have to do a fresh install by deleting the CURA folders that hold all the saved profiles to remove any possible changes that may be effecting your issues.

Posted · [Solved] Ultimaker 3 has Suddenly Decided to OOZE!

No I haven't experienced this.

Do your atomic pulls. I don't think this would be the cause and I never do them on mine but it will eliminate it from the back of your mind.

CURA 2.4 beta has heaps of profile changes to previous versions so I would revert back to the version you used when you first got you're UM3.

You may have to do a fresh install by deleting the CURA folders that hold all the saved profiles to remove any possible changes that may be effecting your issues.

I did a cold pull and it came out remarkably clean. I guess there is something to be said for the UM3's handling of the print core! It made no difference as expected.

I had been coming to the conclusion that I might have an issue with the Beta and had just done a test print that goes at least part way to proving that point. I am going to take your recommendation and revert back to 2.3 (clean). Are there folders hidden somewhere that I need to wipe?

Thanks, Will