Cura 13.03 and Gen6

rbc1225

Posted · Cura 13.03 and Gen6

Daid:

One question before I install the new version of Cura on the machine I am using with my Gen 6 electronics. Since Cura gives you the option to install the Arduino software I assume I should skip this since it seems like the Gen6 is a little strange in the fact it still uses the old version of the software. Would you agree or is the verson that is installed as a part of Cura compatable with the Gen 6?

The Arduino driver that I install is the one from the latest Arduino beta IDE (because this driver is signed by Microsoft, and thus works on Windows 8)

You can always skip the Arduino driver install, and the rest of the code doesn't depend on this specific driver. The auto-serial-port detection might fail on Gen6 electronics, I wouldn't know that. But if it worked before it will still work now.

Nope the autodetect didn't work before but you indicated you were going to change the connect time from 5 seconds to 10 so it might actually connect manually. I will try it when I get home and report back.

Okay man looks good. I didn't install the Arduino as I didn't want to screw up a driver I knew already worked but you changing that delay time did the trick as far as connecting manually, so at least I can use Cura now on my old POS Gen 6 now where I could not before. Thanks again for all your hard work.