UMO+ X-Y-Axes - Protruding axes, difference to UM2+, your experience?

Posted · UMO+ X-Y-Axes - Protruding axes, difference to UM2+, your experience?

Hi,

due to some other planned modifications I've to create a CAD-Assembly for my UMO+ (no assembly in github). For the axes it was easier to take the assembly from UM2+ and modify it to UMO+.

There i realized that UM2+ uses different bearings - F688-2RS instead of 688-2RS. The difference is a step in diameter.

Bearing_F688_688.thumb.PNG.eefdde0f7ae103ad18de3b87699362b2.PNG

In combination with some spacers between the pulleys and the bearings it seems for me that axes-protrusion is a much smaller problem on UM2+.

I already tried the adjustable beraing caps but there is a lot of abrasion, so I'm thinking about an other solution. Of course it is not an all-day problem, but I never want to care about this any more!

So guys who own an UM2+ - do you have Problems with axis-protrusion too? How often, how severe?

UMO+ guys - how did you manage this problem?

Would it be a solution to use thrust bearings? Miniature bearings like F3-6M or F3-8M would maybe also fit in an axis cap, if one side is adjustable with a screw you'll get no clearance and no protrusion anymore....

We will see...