Print cores not aligned?

renarj

Posted · Print cores not aligned?

So I wanted to do a big print tomorrow with PVA support material so I thought today let's make sure the BB print core still is ok as I hardly ever use it. However after swapping the core from AA to BB I did a test print (a mini eiffel tower) and now it has a weird misalignment. The support material seems to be a bit of in the x/y direction vs the main PLA layer.

I took a picture from above the print, and you can see the support material should been centered but its not, bit hard to see but its there:

IMG_0478.thumb.JPG.e4ba2864c56518ef49ff544efd602132.JPG

Is this a simple matter of re doing the x/y alignment? Would like to understand this a bit as the print tomorrow is going to take almost 1 1/2 days and don't want it to be messed up?

IMG_0478.thumb.JPG.e4ba2864c56518ef49ff544efd602132.JPG

It seems I can hopefully answer my own question, it seems when I swapped in the BB print-core it had set the X/Y calibration differently to +15 for X and Y for some reason, i ad this setting way in the past due to some defect in the printer which since then has been corrected.

Don't exactly get why it gets back those settings, trying another print and seeing if this is ok now.

The calibration settings are stored based on the combination of cores. also the position in the printer matters. So if you calibrated AA1 and AA2 for example, and use them later swapped, you need to recalibrate. All combinations will be stored.

In the AA+BB case, if you use bothe AA's (assuming you have 2) they both need to be calibrated.

I use a separate set for PL:A and "other material" and just sore them so I always position them in the same order.

Anyhow the printer warns you when you use a non-calibrated combination.

Posted (edited) · Print cores not aligned?

The problem was that in this case I used a previously calibrated printcore combination that that had this big offset on the x/y. Due to it was previously calibrated, I guess I did not get a calibration warning.

The big offset was due to a problem with the slider blocks before, guess I just never printed with this particular combination after that was resolved.

Next print after recalibrating was a success, back to printing :)

Edited by Guest