Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
kmanstudios

Experience with Cheetah and Armadillo?

Since all filaments I am testing are new to me, I have a question about Armadillo and Cheetah.

The good......prints easy.

The question: Upon printing Armadillo, I have found that it made a quite sturdy piece in one respect, but still more flexible than I would have thought. I ran a couple of models in both and it seems that Armadillo is not much, if any, stiffer than Cheetah.

And, when I compare a similar size print with something like ABS (yuck) and Armadillo, the ABS is much stiffer. I don't know if it is stronger as stiffness can mean brittleness. But it is more flexible than I would have thought.

I'm looking for more stiffness than I am getting. Is this the way it behaves?

I actually thought it could have been a mislabeled spool due to the consistencies of the filaments.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements

• Our picks

• Architect Design Contest | Vehicles.
      We're open for entries! - Design and submit your 3D designs of architectural entourage - vehicles - for a chance to win a large filament pack. Presenting an idea, an architectural design or something as big as an urban project isn't easy. A scaled model can really help to get your idea across.
      • 12 replies
    • What The DfAM?
      I'm Steve Cox, an experienced engineer familiar with 3D printing. I wanted to share some DfAM guidelines with this community to help and make stronger parts.
      I'm also an Autodesk Certified Instructor for Fusion 360, so many of the images in ...
        • Thanks
      • 17 replies

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!