Cura, mirror problem, a hickup and some more..

yzorg

Posted · Cura, mirror problem, a hickup and some more..

Hi Guys

i realy like most of the changes you did to Cura.

Moving objects:

I just completely miss the option to move things around on the printbed.. even in project planner i cant do this anymore.. :shock: do i miss a shortcut to press?

Then a strange behaviour occured:

As i noticed later, i started a print that was slightly too big(x-axis) because of the raft i added..

the printer started to print nomal, but with half the speed i expected and in mid air... the Display stated something like "endstop hit detected"

but the printer would continue to print.. after a minute i stopped it manually, but i actually thought/hoped that a endswitch-hit would do that for me.. Instantly.

3DViewer problem:

Mirror Object can cause it to turn black sometimes.. remirror brings it back to its colourshading. Black parts still print normal... :ph34r:

see pic:

Bildschirmfoto2013-03-26um193637.png

still have these speedproblems:

Slicing works normal fast, but its like watching snails when opening MacOS dialogs to save or import.

I wonder where this comes from, because i have a speed optimized Macbookpro with up to 8 cores, 8gigs of ram, fast graphiccard. Even including both MacOS and cura running from a lightning fast SSD Drive...

i tryed and had cura run from an emulated windowsXP virtual machine.. on the same laptop... the windows pop up faster. :twisted:

The slowness comes from the 3D GCode view. It's doing a crazy amount of slow math. Switching the view (top right button) to normal object view will stop the GCode render and thus makes it fast again (older Cura versions used to continue the GCode render in the background, no matter what)

The "mirror turns object black" is something I also noticed, it's some combination between mirroring and resetting which causes this. It doesn't do any harm, and I'm working on fixing the cases that it goes wrong.

Moving the objects in the project planner requires "manual placement" to be enabled in the project planner. This can be done in the project planner settings. In the normal interface moving is not possible. (I'm working on merging the project planner and the normal interface for the release in May, which will be a big release and a lot of work)

cool. thanks

glad to hear that you are alredy tackling all problems

btw

would be nice to use the colourchange to show if its original data or unsaved data..

i didnt check if cura saves the mirroring action to a .stl but that would be a nice feature to have.. but better save as a copy with nameextension like: "mirroredXYZ"