Cura (2.4) becoming less efficient the longer it is open

kmanstudios

Posted · Cura (2.4) becoming less efficient the longer it is open

I have had Cura open for a while now and over time, I have noticed that it becomes less efficient the longer it remains open.

An example would be to slice a few models and play with settings. Let us say the time comes in at 8 hours.

I have restarted Cura, which leaves the last settings in place. Then load the same model and the time drops to say, 7 - 7.5 hours. Now, keep in mind, with my UM3+ the times have been spot on or even, in a few cases, a bit of an over-estimation.

Or, like what happened when I was setting up my latest test: I was watching the print due to a firmware issue ( Link to Thread )and noticed that the support interface came up in open-ish triangles. The support interface was at 100%. I checked the support interface in the layer view and it showed the same pattern. But, I restarted Cura (It had been open a really long time) the support pattern, in the layer view, was now correct and filled in. No other changes other than the restart and reload of model.

Anybody else notice this or am I the only doof that leaves it open when I am testing to dial in settings?

• Like 1

I leave Cura open over several days too - on the Mac. After working on print settings I usually minimize it and start the print. If I need to change print settings, I access Cura, change settings and start another print (sometimes over network sometimes with the USB stick). So far I didn't notice anything unusual. But I'll keep an eye on it.

Is it just a display problem or does the changed setting(s) match the preview in the layer view?

All settings and display are consistent. It is just an odd behaviour I noticed. And when I restart (usually because it will go into a slicing loop or just not slice at all) it seems to be more efficient. Times drop, a bit of pep in the step speed wise. And, maybe I just got a weird system.