Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
meistertek

Only supports on layer one with 0.3 mm layer height

In Cura 2.4.0 with the following settings I get only support on Z layer 1:

0.3 mm layer height

Support Enabled,

Build Plate Adhesion Type: None,

Layer one only prints supports, no part paths are generated. Layer two has part paths and support paths. This leads to a 3D print that does not stick well to the build plate due to layer 1 not having part data.  Seems like a rounding error or oversight for thicker layer height printing, sine these same settings work in Cura 15.04.

See the attached image from Cura 2.4.0, Layers View Mode, showing layer 1 with only support paths.

5a33355c8a237_cura240layeroneerror.thumb.png.5fb7c06ac40c8379443cfd37631cecdf.png

5a33355c8a237_cura240layeroneerror.thumb.png.5fb7c06ac40c8379443cfd37631cecdf.png

Edited by Guest

I have just had the same problem and have been scouring for answers. I dont know if you managed to solve the issue but I found out how to by accident! try changing your layer size down. I had mine set at 0.5mm layer with a 0.8mm nozzle and it resulted in the issue you noted. If I reduce the layer height to 0.3mm it prints fine.

Thought I would post incase you are still having trouble.