Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
engr

Status of print job without using Cura

What's the best way to check on the status of the print without using Cura?

I don't like to keep Cura open because it makes my PC spin up loud, but I'd like to know time remaining, temperatures, etc.

I got the webcam streaming in a browser, so that's not a problem.

I can get the times with a bit of work using

[ip address]/api/v1/print_job

but I have to do calculations to change the seconds into hours, % remaining, etc.

And I can find temperatures in a similar way, but again not very user friendly.

Has somebody made a script or applet that does this?

part of the info you are looking for is in the Ultimaker 3 app. Is that an option for you?

True, it's a partial solution--the Android app gives time remaining, but no technical data like temp. Thanks for the suggestion. Still hoping for a web applet or something I can share with our team.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements

• Our picks

• Architect Design Contest | Vehicles.
      We're open for entries! - Design and submit your 3D designs of architectural entourage - vehicles - for a chance to win a large filament pack. Presenting an idea, an architectural design or something as big as an urban project isn't easy. A scaled model can really help to get your idea across.
      • 26 replies
    • What The DfAM?
      I'm Steve Cox, an experienced engineer familiar with 3D printing. I wanted to share some DfAM guidelines with this community to help and make stronger parts.
      I'm also an Autodesk Certified Instructor for Fusion 360, so many of the images in ...
        • Thanks
      • 23 replies

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!