Ultimaker 2 extended + with proper update now runs backwards (FIXED)

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker 2 extended + with proper update now runs backwards (FIXED)

Hello,

So i just got this Ultimaker 2 + extended printer and I went through the start up process with no problem but when I downloaded cura and updated the printer with the correct version the printers feeder started running backwards and I can not fix it whether its factory resetting it or retrying to update the printer and I have no idea what to do.

Also I bought it from a person on ebay so I have no clue what they were doing with it before but it seemed to run fine until I updated it with cura.

if anyone can help me that would be very helpful

thanks

Edited by Guest

Posted · Ultimaker 2 extended + with proper update now runs backwards (FIXED)

Hi,

if you are really sure that you create and "Ultimaker 2 Extended+" in Cura 2.5 and the uploaded the latest firmware, then everything should work fine.

Otherwise I could imagine that (for whatever reason) the other person reversed the wires on the feeder motor.

Usually this problem happens when the firmware thinks you have an Ultimaker 2 and not a 2+

Posted · Ultimaker 2 extended + with proper update now runs backwards (FIXED)

Indeed, this sounds like a 2+ running 2 firmware. But if you are indeed certain that you've added the correct printer in Cura and installed the firmware for it, remove the main board cover and snap a photo of the E1 (extruder) connector wiring for us.