Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Iron

Nozzle keeps clogging

Greetings,

I am having trouble figuring out what to with my UM2 clogging issues. Even doing atomic cleanings I still seem to have a consonantly decreasing print time before needing to clean it again (now about 10 hours before I have a clog kill a print). I even switched the nozzle with a brand new one and the issue continued.

What could be causing such extreme clogging issues?

How often do you have to clean you print head?

I'm using pla at 220 if it matters.

Thanks!

Hi,

you shouldn't need to perform any atomic pulls if you don't change filament types (like going from XT to PLA).

Maybe the temperature sensor returns incorrect readings and thus the temperature is way too low. Then the pressure would increase and you'd see all sorts of problems like underextrusion.

Or maybe your PTFE coupler is done and needs to be replaced.