Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Iron

Nozzle keeps clogging

Greetings,

I am having trouble figuring out what to with my UM2 clogging issues. Even doing atomic cleanings I still seem to have a consonantly decreasing print time before needing to clean it again (now about 10 hours before I have a clog kill a print). I even switched the nozzle with a brand new one and the issue continued.

What could be causing such extreme clogging issues?

How often do you have to clean you print head?

I'm using pla at 220 if it matters.

Thanks!

Hi,

you shouldn't need to perform any atomic pulls if you don't change filament types (like going from XT to PLA).

Maybe the temperature sensor returns incorrect readings and thus the temperature is way too low. Then the pressure would increase and you'd see all sorts of problems like underextrusion.

Or maybe your PTFE coupler is done and needs to be replaced.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements

• Our picks

• Architect Design Contest | Vehicles.
      We're open for entries! - Design and submit your 3D designs of architectural entourage - vehicles - for a chance to win a large filament pack. Presenting an idea, an architectural design or something as big as an urban project isn't easy. A scaled model can really help to get your idea across.
      • 26 replies
    • What The DfAM?
      I'm Steve Cox, an experienced engineer familiar with 3D printing. I wanted to share some DfAM guidelines with this community to help and make stronger parts.
      I'm also an Autodesk Certified Instructor for Fusion 360, so many of the images in ...
        • Thanks
      • 23 replies

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!