Advice re. Wiring connectors

chopperx

Posted · Advice re. Wiring connectors

hi, I've been spending this afternoon freshening up my UM2, replacing Bowden tube, coupler,heater cartridge and temp. sensor (and cursing the sadistic designer!) Got everything done ok but I appear to have dislodged a connector from the board, a orange and brown wired one. There appears to be an identical unattached connector about halfway up the sleeve to the head. I haven't pulled at it for fear of disconnecting something else. Can anybody advise where they should go?

um2.thumb.jpg.2e11bb78815d37a591e88d0f1d8d1ba2.jpg

um2.thumb.jpg.2e11bb78815d37a591e88d0f1d8d1ba2.jpg

Yes, there is a spare cable there that fills no purpose. I noticed that when I got hold of an old UM2 head for my UMO+.

Yeah, I seem to recall something like that too... will have to dig out my pre-upgrade UM2 head when I get home, see what the spare looks like.

Yep, it's the spare.

Yep, it's the spare.

Thanks guys, yes I traced it back and indeed it was the other end of the cable. Put it back together and it's working perfectly now. Thanks for the assist!