The Clumsy Noob does a Proof of Concept Model

kmanstudios

Posted (edited) · The Clumsy Noob does a Proof of Concept Model

This is a ship I designed quite a while back. I was in the mode of finishing it up and decided to print it out and do a paint test.

Final is being printed now at 0.1MM/100Micron at 10". Printed standing on its engine/vertically. Still has 4 days and 9 hours at this posting to go.

The ship is designed at scale of 360' Port to Starboard. Each 'floor' of the ship is 10' Tall including support spaces below deck and overhead space for a walking interior space of 8' tall. I even have the 'science' worked out with the two sets of engine types and interstellar drives. Hey, it is Sci-Fi and it is my Sci-Fi, so, if I decide it flies on fairy dust, well, so be it!! :p

Printed at 7.5" vertically to increase print resolution. It just printed cleaner that way. 0.2mm/200Micron layers with a transparent PLA.

Note the patterns are not surface imperfections, but instead are support structures seen through the x-parent material.

Raw Top print:

BlackWidowRaw_Top.jpg

Raw Bottom Print:

BlackWidowRaw_Bottom.jpg

Top Primed with a black layer first and then a white layer before sanding. Lite sanding as it was proof of concept and not final. Testing colors and paint tolerances.

BlackwidowPrimed.jpg

Closeup of the primed and lightly sanded print shows the layer rez.

BlackwidowPrimedClose.jpg

Painting done with standard model paints. Not the best paint job, but not a finished product either. Just testing color schemes and paints.

BlackwidowFrontTop.jpg

BlackwidowBackTop.jpg

BlackwidowSide.jpg

BlackwidowFrontBottom.jpg

BlackwidowSideBottom.jpg

Character Piece for the Main Character...and no, not the Captain. Captains give orders...everybody else does the cool stuff.

Chen_WenNi.jpg

Edited by Guest