Need help to modify Cura

petrus

Posted · Need help to modify Cura

I don't own an Ultimaker, I designed and made my own printer : http://reprap.org/wiki/Heavy_Mendel

I usually use skeinforge but since I upgraded to a dual extruder, I need a slicer that can handle 2 extruders. That's how I found cura, The interface is really great and since it is written in python, it can be easily adapted to my printer needs.

e.g. : I need to insert specific gcode commands to switch each extruder.

But there is one thing that bother me : the "expert settings" is too simple, I need an access to all the skeinforge parameters like support structure density and threshold angle, first layer speed multiplier, extra shells...

I can add the parameters on the expert panel but I don't see how the settings are transfered to the skeinforge back-end. Which python script make the link from the cura gui to skeinforge and how it's done ?

Also, the "support dual extruder" function doesn't work. The gcode commands to switch the extruder are read (I get an error if I put an illegal character like "°") but not integrated in the output file.

I tried with a clean install, same problem.