Material Stuck inside the bowden tube

vmuddu

Posted (edited) · Material Stuck inside the bowden tube

Hi Everyone,

I have an UM2+ and my material is stuck inside the bowden tube. I tried several methods to remove it out, but failed to do so. Can anyone help me out to overcome this issue?

Many thanks in advance.

Vik19496124_10154957471746634_618241538_o.thumb.jpg.4d39ce0061f9b09c86c7f2ce3e12213e.jpg[/media] 19532541_10154957471091634_612406117_o.thumb.jpg.a8f78360f4d356cee323835b69e53680.jpg19496237_10154957471236634_722625084_o.thumb.jpg.e330c8e08408f25b16b48b39454bc6b0.jpg

19496124_10154957471746634_618241538_o.thumb.jpg.4d39ce0061f9b09c86c7f2ce3e12213e.jpg

19532541_10154957471091634_612406117_o.thumb.jpg.a8f78360f4d356cee323835b69e53680.jpg

19496237_10154957471236634_722625084_o.thumb.jpg.e330c8e08408f25b16b48b39454bc6b0.jpg

Edited by Guest

Posted · Material Stuck inside the bowden tube

FormFutura- Glow in the dark Green.

Sorry, but you have to be more specific as I just searched for that and found they offer that in ABS and PLA. After that I stopped looking.

It is the type of plastic that matters, not the brand...well, in this instance. You usually do need both as there are some new hybrids out there with interesting properties.

A example would be that Acetone dissolves ABS. Do not know what it would do to the bowden tube, but the question is the most fundamental for the people in the know about such things.

I can see something like this happening to a lot of people. So, I keep an eye on such posts to put in the brain attic for when I need it.

Another idea is this; have you tried to take off the bowden tube and just pull on it to free up the material inside?

Apologies for not being specific about the material. It is PLA Glow in the dark green.

I've tried to take off the bowden tube from the nozzle head, but I could only pull off a little bit of the material, then again it got stuck in the tube and thereafter i'm unable remove the material.

Did you try to take the bowden tube off the feeder and then pull on the material? You may have to heat the nozzle to get it loosened enough to let go.

Other than that, I am not sure what would dissolve PLA.

• Like 1

Did you try to take the bowden tube off the feeder and then pull on the material? You may have to heat the nozzle to get it loosened enough to let go.

Other than that, I am not sure what would dissolve PLA.

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I tried the same method as pulling the bowden tube off the feeder as I did it to the nozzle head, but the tube doesn't seem to come off. Is there a way to remove the tube off the feeder?

Hi,

Thanks a lot! I removed the bowden tube off the feeder and i removed the material.

Once again thank you. You saved me a lot of time!

Cheers

Vik

You are more than welcome, and I am glad it worked as I am not familiar with any of the machines other than the UM3X. :)

I am about to purchase that material... what happened? User error or another garbage filament that i/we should stay away from???

I am about to purchase that material... what happened? User error or another garbage filament that i/we should stay away from???

It's just the user error. But the filaments needs to stored in a cool and dry place in order to have a high quality prints.