Jump to content

Changes in support placement when upgrading from Cura 2.5 to 2.6


Recommended Posts

Posted · Changes in support placement when upgrading from Cura 2.5 to 2.6


I've recently updated from Cura 2.5 to 2.6 on one of my machines. I created a specific profile which seems to create the best results from my prints and this hasn't changed. Now, after attempting to prepare a new print I noticed that the new slicing results seemed to use almost twice the quantity of support material as on my machine that wasn't updated to 2.6.

After looking carefully, it seems to me that 2.6 puts support where none is needed and I can't seem to find any way to turn that new behaviour off.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I've included some pictures for reference.

This is the result of the slicing in Cura 2.5:


This is the result of the slicing in Cura 2.6:




  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    • 5 months later...
    Posted · Changes in support placement when upgrading from Cura 2.5 to 2.6

    Hello, I was having similar issues and found the solution in this post/ thread:


    I know you have probably figured it out by now, but this was the first thread that I found trying to find a solution and wanted to direct people to an answer.



  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
    • Our picks

      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

        This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features
        Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
          • Like
        • 0 replies
      • Ultimaker Cura 5.6 stable released
        Cura now supports Method series printers!
        A year after the merger of Ultimaker and MakerBotQQ, we have unlocked the ability for users of our Method series printers to slice files using UltiMaker Cura. As of this release, users can find profiles for our Method and Method XL printers, as well as material profiles for ABS-R, ABS-CF, and RapidRinse. Meaning it’s now possible to use either Cura or the existing cloud-slicing software CloudPrint when printing with these printers or materials
        • 48 replies
    • Create New...