Isaacsong23

Adjusting/offsetting Z-Value

Posted · Adjusting/offsetting Z-Value

Hi guys!!i am currently using cura 2.6.1 and am currently using creality ender 2, so far i have been printing very well with the reccomended settings on fine, however i really want to include a glass bed or sort as my current one is not really ideal. The printer that i have has auto home settings and the value is fixed however, am i able to change the Z-value in Cura 2.6.1 maybe adjusting the G-code? I need help in this area!!Thank you!!

I've been able to do this by putting in starting gcode in the machine settings. Put in a G92 with your adjustment. For example, this moves my head .1mm from the build plate:

G92 Z-.1

Yup @ffco is correct, BUT be careful. The value you use may be different depending on the software you use.

My glass bed is about 7mm thick and my printer Z height is 216mm and I do not use Cura to print, I use Repetier Host

With Cura my z-offset statement is G92 Z208.795.

But if I was using Slic3r (this was about 3 years ago so it may have changed) I would have used the inverse i.e. G92 Z7.205.

Get it wrong and there is a loud clunk when the bed hits the extruder nozzle. :p

Oh and once you use a Z-offset command your bed levelling process becomes a new world. Try changing your gap by 0.001mm using your finger and thumb!!