Adjusting/offsetting Z-Value

Isaacsong23

Posted · Adjusting/offsetting Z-Value

Hi guys!!i am currently using cura 2.6.1 and am currently using creality ender 2, so far i have been printing very well with the reccomended settings on fine, however i really want to include a glass bed or sort as my current one is not really ideal. The printer that i have has auto home settings and the value is fixed however, am i able to change the Z-value in Cura 2.6.1 maybe adjusting the G-code? I need help in this area!!Thank you!!

I've been able to do this by putting in starting gcode in the machine settings. Put in a G92 with your adjustment. For example, this moves my head .1mm from the build plate:

G92 Z-.1

Yup @ffco is correct, BUT be careful. The value you use may be different depending on the software you use.

My glass bed is about 7mm thick and my printer Z height is 216mm and I do not use Cura to print, I use Repetier Host

With Cura my z-offset statement is G92 Z208.795.

But if I was using Slic3r (this was about 3 years ago so it may have changed) I would have used the inverse i.e. G92 Z7.205.

Get it wrong and there is a loud clunk when the bed hits the extruder nozzle. :p

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies