MultiMaker 3 Extended error "This file is not suitable for printing ER 26".

Posted · MultiMaker 3 Extended error "This file is not suitable for printing ER 26".

So, I successfully printed, on my new machine, my first stl file and two modified versions of it created on Fusion 360 and Cura 2.6 Mac. I used both PLA and PVA. This is great and I gear up to make my prototype and promptly hit the wall. Although I have avoided changing settings due to ignorance: I have now updated the firmware, reloaded the PLA, removed and reset head #1 (PLA), reset the machine and started over, updated Cura to 2.61, returned to Cura, 2.6, saved files, set preferences to default and every other default choice I can find. I double checked to see if Griffin was selected in the machine settings. I have tried printing a 3rd party stl, the "dry box"; nonetheless, I get the same error message. Working the items shown on the help page for this error has not led me to a solution, indeed, it includes the suggestion to contact a service provider. I purchased the machine and materials from an apparent leader in this field and hoped for help. I did receive a good response but not deep enough-it ended with him recommending I go the help page where I came from. I am going in circles; might you give me a lead on how to get back to printing? Cheers, jp

Posted · MultiMaker 3 Extended error "This file is not suitable for printing ER 26".

I have been provided the answer. The fix: Cura 2.6 requires a printer selection (Cura-Preferences-Printer). Cura updates carry some files forward. In the above error, the printer file must be replaced. Make sure two printers are selected; your desired printer and another on such as HM3 and HM3 Extended. Remove your desired printer and Add it back. Then, you can delete or keep the second printer as you wish.

• 1 year later...