Cura infill wall thickness

rgriggs

Posted · Cura infill wall thickness

Hello, I'm using Cura 2.6.1 on Windows.

Is there a way to adjust the thickness of infill walls? I'm printing in Nylon, which works beautifully on the shell, but the infill is apparently configured for a different thickness, because it stretches the nylon too thin, causing it to break, leaving gaps in the infill. I wish it would print the infill exactly the same as the shell (same speed, same extrusion flow, same wall thickness) but I can't find a setting to adjust this.

Thanks for any advice!

Posted · Cura infill wall thickness

Speed -> Infill Speed

Set this value to the same as Speed -> Outer Wall Speed

Infill Speed usually defaults to twice as fast as Outer Wall Speed, as a result you can get under-extrusions on infill if its printing too fast.

If that fixes your issues, you can try increasing the Infill Speed until you get a good balance of speed v. quality.

Hope this helps.