Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
xeno

Remote control my Ultimaker

I was faced with the problem of having to do a lot of long and large prints, and no way to see what is happening when I am at work.

so after some searching I found a great way to remotely watch and control my Ultimaker from anywhere.

first I came across the Splashtop 2 app, which I could install on all my macs, iPad and iPhone, this gave me the ability to watch and control the mac attached to my Ultimaker, and see what Cura is doing.

with the added CamCam app from splashtop, I could use any regular webcam as an online cam, and could watch what was happening, and see when the print was finished :)

the setup is very easy, and works very good :)

the only drawback is that to use Splashtop 2 anywhere it costs a monthly fee $1,79 :/

when I am at home I use Remote Desktop to control the mac upstairs, and I can sit comfortable on my couch.

maybe I will find a free solution, or you might know a better way, but for now this will do nicely.

IMG_0941.JPG

IMG_0942.JPG