Pre-print G-Code assistance needed

OneLooseCrank

Posted · Pre-print G-Code assistance needed

Hi all,

I've been experimenting with my G-Code to get some better results; I've not been able to pre-charge the extruder with filament to account for expansion at the end of a print during cool down. Getting this pre-charge will mean that there is filament in the extruder ready to lay down at the very first moment. Here is my code so far:

;Pre-print settings

M104 S50 ;start heating extruder to temp

M140 S30 ;Start heating bed to temp

G28 ;Home all axis

G1 Z15.0 ;Move the platform down 15mm

M109 S50 ;wait until extruder is to temp

M190 S30 ;Wait until bed is to temp

G23 ;precharge filament INAFFECTIVE

G1 E10 F200 ;Push xxmm of filament at xxxmm/min INAFFECTIVE

;End of pre-print settings

;Part G-Code here

;Start of post-print settings

G1 E-10 ;retract filament INAFFECTIVE

G22 ;retract filament INAFFECTIVE

M104 S0 ;Set extruder temp

M140 S0 ;set bed temp

G1 X0 Y200 Z200 F3600

M84

;End of G-Code

As you can see, I've tried both a [G23] pre-charge code which my machine either doesn't support or isn't recognising, and a [G1 Exx] code to advance and withdraw the filament which also hasn't given e the desired results. Can anyone proof my syntax here and suggest what I've done wrong? I've tried with and without an [Fxx] unit speed to no avail.

One thing that has just crossed my mind is that the machine's firmware might stop the movement of [Eaxis] if the extrude is at low temperature... but I have tried some variations of G-Code at 200deg. Maybe that code was wrong, whilst the temp was right, and this code is right, whilst the temp is wrong.

Thanks all,

OLC