Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
starbuck

Cura profile switching and reports in the gcode

Hey guys. I'd like to request a few features/updates/tweaks to Ultimaker Cura.

In version 2.x, switching profiles, materials and print cores in Cura were a real pain because it was so slow (on my computer) and there were pop-up dialog boxes every time I changed one setting. I was hoping to see this remedied in 3.0.x, but it was not entirely fixed. As I operate 15 UM3s, I often switch extruder profiles from (E1-E2) PLA-PLA to PLA-PVA and other related settings. Now in 3.0.x, it is much faster than in 2.x, but still not perfect.

I'd like to see an easy way to switch configurations in Cura to match different configurations of printers. For example, maybe the material and print core set for each extruder is saved in a profile along with the other common settings (layer height, infill density, etc), so that when I need to switch from a PLA-PLA print to a PLA-PVA print, it's as simple as clicking the drop down menu and selecting a different profile.NYsKfYF.png

(I just named these different to prove a point, this is not a feature yet)

Also, I think this request is much more simple than the previous, I would love to see a simplified print summary in the saved gcode file similar to Simplify3D like this example. I realize that this information already exists in Cura's gcode header, but it's not as readable.

; Build Summary; Build time: 5 hours 15 minutes; Filament length: 52921.5 mm (52.92 m); Plastic volume: 121538.54 mm^3 (121.54 cc); Plastic weight: 151.92 g (0.33 lb); Material cost: 6.99

Thanks in advance, y'all.