project ultimaker

mappo

Posted · project ultimaker

Hello everyone, I would build a ultimaker, I looked it up on wiki, but I have not found anything :(

can someone give me the project? (dxf or dwg) and all parts what i need? (for the structure, i know the electronics boards, gen4 right?)

I have a cnc milling machine, I can cut my wood pieces.

can you help me?

thank you very much!

max

thank you very much...

but now i have other problem... i don't know how is the best version/ latest version...

can you help me?

i have found that on thingiverse:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:13571

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:11870

where is the better version?

what is the depth of the wood?

and other question... where is the tutorial for the assembly?

thaks you very much

max

Tutorial of the assembly is on wiki.ultimaker.com.

I dont know which one is the latest version, but they rarely differ much between batches. The Ultimaker one should be the latest "official" one. Dont know how thick the wood is, but I think it was 4mm triplex.

Electronic board is RAMPS 1.5.4, not makerbot Gen 4. Be careful about that one :)

i found the tutorial on it! thanks you!

sorry but i have a lot of questions about this machine because i'm newbie in 3dprinter.

other my question is: what kind of pulley i need to use for build ultimaker? number of teeth and diameter?

thank you

max

The wood is 6mm for most parts. (I think there are a few 4mm parts in it, but not sure) There are also a few plastic parts in the kit.

This:

http://groups.google.com/group/ultimake ... oM&lnk=ol&

Might help you. It contains a list of the pullies and belts used, next to the rods. But the Ultimaker is an evolving machine, they keep improving it. Replacing parts. For example the printer bed was 6mm Plexiglas, but is 10mm now. The center shafts where 8mm, but have been reduced to 6mm.

It's recommended not to use the wooden motor mounts:

http://wiki.ultimaker.com/Ultimaker_rev ... 6_Y_motors

instead, use plastic spacers (same as used in mounting the electronics) this will reduce noise. This is a new discovery :-)

[it's recommended not to use the wooden motor mounts:

instead, use plastic spacers (same as used in mounting the electronics) this will reduce noise. This is a new discovery :-)

I am still waiting for my kit but in the mean time, has anyone made these motor mounts out of plastic and if so are they selling them? I have been doing AutoDesk's Autocad since the early '80s and can reproduce (STL) if someone knows where I can find the exact dims. Thanks...

It's recommended not to use the wooden motor mounts:

I am still waiting for my kit but in the mean time, has anyone made these motor mounts out of plastic and if so are they selling them? I have been doing AutoDesk's Autocad since the early '80s and can reproduce (STL) if someone knows where I can find the exact dims. Thanks...

You don't need any special plastics. Just normal spacers. Should be easy to get from somewhere.

David: Ok thanks..! I misunderstood....

In the dxf it is not clear what the 4mm pieces are and what the 6mm pieces are

can you please specify, im kind of confused, thank you

Max

Almost everything is 6mm... except for the sides of the slider blocks if I remember correctly.

Can you please tell me what the slider blocks are? I don-t think it is specified

in the dxf

Thanks, Max

Just make everything in 6mm. It looks like there is room for each 4mm part to be 6mm. And there are only a few 4mm parts anyhow.

Hey thanks for this one! Really helpful :)