"Strange" problem with first layers

Erik78

Posted · "Strange" problem with first layers

I just installed Cura 3.1.0 after using 14.07 that come with my Anet A8 printer.

With the old Cura everything worked decent, but with the new version, I got these wierd lines on the heatbed. 

What makes it do like this, and what settings do I need to change to get rid of this problem?

I print using USB connected to my laptop.

26055797_10155919258797866_3367723729063412012_n.jpg

I have just joined the forum because I have just built and used an Anet A8. when I loaded the software from the chip it said there was a more up to date software so I loaded 3.0.4 I am getting the same problem and because it is extruding the material it just clogs itself up and stops the extruder from supplying the material.

I have managed to do a full print once. When it completes the 'brim' as the outer layer is called and gets onto printing the object the problem stops.

I was going to ask if anyone knew how to stop it printing the 'brim' and see if this cured it. I can find mention of the brim, if you go to setting/ configure settings visibility and then settings in the top left of the box you can scroll down to the build plate adhesion about 2/3 of the way down. If you hover your mouse over 'brim width' it gives more info but I can't find how to alter it.

I have been suffering badly with the extruder insisting on traveling to either the front or the left edge, I cured this by turning the brim off.

I then started to suffer with the print getting about half of the bottom level done before it decided to have a hissy fit in the extruder stepper motor.

It insisted on winding the PLA in,out,in,out of the extruder this resulted in the PLA getting a lump on the end in the extruder but out of the screw tube. I had to stop the print and clean the extruder every time, this meant totally reseting the bed every time as I had to unscrew the extruder from its mount.

After a day of this I tried again with the first item I had printed (not sliced with CURA) and it work perfectly.

I used Repetier host to slicer the item I had been having problems with (this uses an old version of CURA) and, would you believe it, a perfect print. The new CURA slicer is not working for the Anet A*.