Hello There!

kcel

Posted · Hello There!

Hi all,

I've been lurking for awhile, though I've made a couple of posts, but I just noticed the Coffee Corner section and thought I would say 'Hi'.

I've just acquired a UM3 Extended.  I've only been playing with it for all of about 36 hours but so thus far I'm pretty damn happy with the machine and the print quality.  Currently trying my first print with PVA to see how that works out.

I'm not new to 3D printing, I have a Prusa machine and a CR-10 but still feel I have a lot to learn.  I've been coveting an Ultimaker for quite some time and I finally decided to pull the trigger.  Looking forward to exploring new print cores and seeing what I can build with the new beastie.

Cheers!

Kevin

Posted · Hello There!

Hi @kcel , welcome to the forums and congratulation with your Ultimaker 3 Extended! 

Where are you from? 

I'm happy to hear, you are happy with the Ultimaker 3 E. What have you made so far? At Ultimaker we do our best to create a smooth 'out of the box' experience and get you up and running. However, after setting up a 100 users probably want to go into a 100 different directions. Here in the community I like to think we can support each of those directions! :)

What made you decide to get an Ultimaker along side the other machines as well? Hopefully together they can provide you with all the 3D printing your heart desires. 

Looking forward hearing from you, have a good day and take care!

Posted · Hello There!

Hi @SandervG,

I'm in Toronto, Canada.  I've been looking at Ultimakers for a couple of years.  When I finally decided to get into 3D printing I decided to try it out with some less expensive printers first.

The UM3 has had my attention pretty much since I first heard about it.  The swappable print cores were an attractive option, and the new support materials like PVA and now Breakaway make for some great options for a build.  So my Ultimaker is adding new tools to my arsenal, I can print more complex objects with supports, and I've ordered 0.25 print cores to experiment with for some finer detail parts.

So far I've just been printing some test parts and getting used to the machine and to Cura.  I'm loving doing dual color prints, and I tried a small print with PVA that allowed me to create something that just wouldn't be possible with my other printers.

Now that I'm comfortable with the machine I need to have do some real work.  Looking forward to see what Ultimaker adds to UM3 experience this year.

Cheers!